Friday, January 16, 2009

Hiccups

Usually when Faith moves, it's her legs and her bum that I can feel. I usually feel her kicking above my belly button or, if I'm lying down, underneath my ribs (I'm assuming she's head-down). Many a time have I felt her little foot sticking out to one side, just below my ribs. Sometimes though, I can feel movement at the opposite end of her body. It feels like every second or so, her head jumps a little. And it's a rhythmic movement that seems involuntary. I have been trying to figure out what this is, and if it's normal. Well I think I finally figured it out. She is having hiccups. Haha... Well the good news about hiccups is that it's a sign that her swallowing and breathing are developing normally. And even though it's a small victory, it makes me happy :) It gives me a little extra hope that Faith will surpass her life expectancy. Wouldn't it be great if I could take her home from the hospital? That would be a miracle.